A delicious dish, perfect for late summer or fall.
2 delicata squash (about 1 pound each), halved lengthwise and seeded
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
2 teaspoons kosher salt (divided)
1 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
1/2 pound chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and torn into large pieces
Pinch chile powder
1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch crescents
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley
1-1/2 ounces Beecher’s Flagship Reserve cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Slice the squash into 1/2-inch slices. In a large bowl, toss the squash with 1-1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Spread the squash out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Using the same bowl, toss the mushrooms with 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, cumin, and chile powder. Spread the mushrooms out onto a separate baking sheet.
4. Roast the squash and mushrooms for 18 to 20 minutes, or until they are just beginning to brown. Set the squash and mushrooms aside to cool.
5. Reduce the oven to 400 degrees F.
6. While the squash and mushrooms are cooling, combine the onion with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Spread the onions onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 18 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Set aside to cool. When cooled, cut the crescents into smaller crescents, keeping the stem intact.
7. In a large bowl, gently toss together the squash, mushrooms, onions, parsley, and cheese. Serve at room temperature.