Makes 1-1/2 cups
A delicious aioli to serve with vegetables or meat, or to use as a sandwich spread
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup expeller-pressed safflower oil
2 tablespoons water
3 cloves Roasted Garlic, smashed into a paste
1 teaspoon Tabasco
3/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 pound Beecher’s 4-Year Extra Aged Flagship cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
1. Place the yolks, lemon juice, mustard, and salt in a food processor and process to combine, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
2. With the processor running, very slowly stream in the first 2 to 4 tablespoons of oil. If done correctly, the oil and other ingredients should create an emulsion that appears thicker.
3. Allow the processor to run for 1 minute before slowly streaming in the remaining oil and water, processing until fully combined and thickened like mayonnaise.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until just combined but not pureed, leaving visible bits of cheese for texture. (Add more water, as needed, to achieve the desired texture.)
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Courtesy of "Pure Food: A Chef's Handbook for Eating Clean, with Healthy, Delicious Recipes"